Key Objectives of the Organization
The objectives of the Cancer Awareness Centre of Kenya are:
- Establish patient support groups: To provide patient and family psycho-social support after diagnosis and during treatment
- Organizational capacity development: To improve on organization viability, capacity and delivery of service on the cancer care continuum.
- Creating Cancer Awareness: To create awareness and increase knowledge for prevention and early detection to lessen the burden of cancer in the country.
- Organizing Cancer screening programs: To facilitate early cancer diagnosis and medical interventions through reproductive cancers screening.
- Establish patient navigation services: To promote access quality and comprehensive cancer care to overcome individual barriers to enable completion of treatment.
- Create partnership and advocacy: To implement a more effective and collaborative response to the local cancer burden through strengthening existing local and international linkages and develop new ones.
Our Core Activities
The core activities of CACK are:
- Organizing Wellness Clinics
- Promoting Cancer Awareness
- Organizing Cancer Awareness walks
- Promoting health education and nutritional talks
- Coordinating cancer Survivors Counseling and Social Support
- Screening for Reproductive Cancers (Cervical, Prostate & Breast)
- Conducting home based care (Personalized Services for Cancer Patients)
- Incorporating NCD Screening (Blood Sugars, Blood Pressure, BMI) during activities.